Osteoporosis

Osteoporosis

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Does Osteoporosis Only Affect the Elderly?

Osteoporosis has often been thought to be a condition that frail elderly women develop. However, the damage from osteoporosis begins much earlier in life. Because peak bone density is reached at approximately 25 years of age, it is important to build strong bones by that age, so that the bones will remain strong later in life. Adequate calcium intake and exercise are essential for building strong bones.

Why Is Osteoporosis an Important Public Health Issue?


In the United States, more than 10 million people have osteoporosis and almost 34 million more have low bone density. Approximately 80% of those with osteoporosis are women. Of people older than 50 years of age, one in two women and one in eight men are predicted to have an osteoporosis-related fracture in their lifetime. White and Asian racial groups are at a greater risk. With the aging of America, the number of people with osteoporosis-related fractures will increase substantially. The pain, suffering, and economic costs will be enormous.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy as Dr. Lance sensitive treatment of Osteoporosis using herbal medications touched me deeply.
    I was diagnosed with Osteoporosis, my medical condition was heart broken. The first thing I did was get myself informed. I was subjected to different medications, by my doctors for treatment without the assurance of having a permanent cure. Despite my visit to several doctors my health wasn't getting better. I’ve made many lifelong friends when I was looking for a natural cure for my ailment. At the verge of giving up, I went to the internet to search for a treatment at least. But I found a cure instead. I read a testimony of a lady just like mine and the good news was that after using herbal medicine she was cured. She shared an e-mail address about the Doctor who treated her using Herbal Medication without complications. I was lucky to have access to Herbal Medicine, and have a pretty normal life now. I am 64years Sure, it has been challenging, and there have been many ups and downs, if you're having Osteoporosis this is not the end of the world don't ever lose hope. I want to tell you that you need to learn to love yourself just the way you are- you are a special person that deserves love. Never never never give up!!!! Contact him on lancejustin54@gmail.com for more info.

    ReplyDelete