Osteoporosis

Osteoporosis

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What Are the Symptoms of Osteoporosis?

Normal bone is composed of protein, collagen, and calcium, all of which give bone its strength. Bones that are affected by osteoporosis can break (fracture) with relatively minor injury that normally would not cause a bone to fracture.
The osteoporosis condition can be present without any symptoms for decades. Therefore, patients may not be aware of their osteoporosis until they suffer a painful fracture. Symptoms depend on the location of the fracture. We'll take a look at the most common locations for osteoporotic fractures on the next few slides

Osteoporosis Symptoms: Fractures of the Spine

Fractures of the spine (vertebra) can cause severe "band-like" pain that radiates around from the back to the side of the body. Over the years, repeated spine fractures can cause chronic lower back pain as well as loss of height or curving of the spine, which gives the individual a hunched-back appearance of the upper back, referred to as a "dowager hump."

Osteoporosis Symptoms: Stress Fracture

A fracture that occurs during the course of normal activity is called a minimal trauma fracture or stress fracture. For example, some patients with osteoporosis develop stress fractures of the feet while walking or stepping off a curb.

Osteoporosis Symptoms: Hip Fracture

Hip fractures typically occur as a result of a fall. With osteoporosis, hip fractures can occur as a result of trivial accidents. Hip fractures may also be difficult to heal after surgical repair because of poor bone quality.

1 comment:

  1. I am happy as Dr. Lance sensitive treatment of Osteoporosis using herbal medications touched me deeply.
    I was diagnosed with Osteoporosis, my medical condition was heart broken. The first thing I did was get myself informed. I was subjected to different medications, by my doctors for treatment without the assurance of having a permanent cure. Despite my visit to several doctors my health wasn't getting better. I’ve made many lifelong friends when I was looking for a natural cure for my ailment. At the verge of giving up, I went to the internet to search for a treatment at least. But I found a cure instead. I read a testimony of a lady just like mine and the good news was that after using herbal medicine she was cured. She shared an e-mail address about the Doctor who treated her using Herbal Medication without complications. I was lucky to have access to Herbal Medicine, and have a pretty normal life now. I am 64years Sure, it has been challenging, and there have been many ups and downs, if you're having Osteoporosis this is not the end of the world don't ever lose hope. I want to tell you that you need to learn to love yourself just the way you are- you are a special person that deserves love. Never never never give up!!!! Contact him on lancejustin54@gmail.com for more info.

    ReplyDelete